THEME & BAG: This month’s bag is gold sequins with a black faux leather back, hot pink interior, and faux black leather tassel. I think it’s one of the prettier bags Ipsy’s released, so that’s exciting.
The theme is “be merry. be bright. be bold. be you.” Basically, it’s a festive holiday bag that encourages Ipsters to get into the festive mood and dress up. While it’s nothing super creative, the bag and theme do pair nicely with the holiday vibes of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and whatever else you may or may not celebrate this time of year.
BEAUTY CROP: Lip Brulee in Rhubarb Custard
- Who doesn’t love a good lip gloss? This one is berry colored (so perfect for holiday parties and a bold NYE lip). It’s pigmented like a lipstick, shiny like a gloss, and moisturizing like a lip balm.
- This lippie has jojoba oil and apricot kernel oil, which help to keep lips hydrated and soft all day. As far as texture, I’d say it’s a little sticky, but not too much.
- The only I’m not crazy about is the fact it’s made in China and most products made there are tested on animals (major bummer, Ipsy).
- Full-sized this item retails for $12.95 and based on the size of the sample I’d say it’s about full-sized at 4 fl oz.
DELECTABLE BY CAKE BEAUTY: Iced Gingerbread Hand Cream
- If you’re looking for a brand with food flavored products, look no further! Delectable by Cake Beauty specializes in these kinds of products; case and point, this hand cream is iced gingerbread (the epitome of #wintervibes).
- The shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera help keep hands moisturized (great for keeping cuticles and skin from being chapped). As an added bonus, this is travel sized!
- Full-sized this product is not available, but similar Delectable hand creams retails for $9 in 4 oz bottles. This sample is 1 fl oz, so it has an estimated retail value of $2.25.
F.A.R.A.H BRUSHES: Tapered Blending Brush 35E
- Super soft and a chrome handle are the best features of this brush. It has a tapered tip, which is great for applying shadow with minimal (to no) fallout.
- This brush works well with both powder and cream shadows.
- This product is full-sized and retails for $10 (although this exact gold chrome design is not available for retail online).
BENEFIT COSMETICS: POREfessional Primer
- This is probably the smallest sample I’ve ever paid for…weighing in at a whopping .1 fl oz.
- This is a cult classic favorite for primers, as it totes to blur pores and fine lines with its matte finish.
- Full-sized this primer is .75 oz and retails for $32; at .1 oz, this sample is worth an estimated retail value of $4.30.
KATHERINE COSMETICS: Natural All-Over Powder in Sienna
- This is a subtle, buildable highlight that can double as eyeshadow. It comes in a little magnetic solo shadow square, which is great for travel. Its finely pressed powders make it very easy to blend.
- I’d say the color is like a champagne, bronze that would look great on a variety of skin tones; best places to apply would be cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and inner corners.
- Full-sized this product normally retails for $22 (but is now listed at $18), but the size is not listed; this sample is about 1/4 the size of the full pan, so at 4 oz, so it has an estimated retail value of $4.50.
DR.LIPP: Moisturizing Color Tint in Sweet Potato
- This lippie wears like a gloss but goes on like a lip balm because it’s not very sticky.
- I wasn’t sure what to think of the “sweet potato” flavoring, but it doesn’t really taste like anything. It’s great for chapped lips, and it also provides a subtle sheen (which is always nice).
- Full-sized this comes in an 8 ml tube and retails for $8.88 (it’s a British brand, so it retails online in British pounds). This sample is 5 ml, so it’s worth an estimated retail value of $5.55.
TOTAL VALUE OF BAG CONTENTS: $39.55
Overall, this looks to be a pretty high-valued bag (compared to November’s $24 bag, but not to October’s almost $64 bag). Instead of the usual five items, this month included six, which is really nice (the eyeshadow brush paired quite nicely with the Katharine Cosmetics highlight/eyeshadow).
In the picture you’ll also see two items that aren’t included in the breakdown: a Coco & Eve Coconut & Fig Hair Mask and Sol Janiero Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. The mask was an add-on which Ipsy sometimes offers for a couple dollars, and the cream was a point redemption.
Full-sized the cream comes in a 240 ml container and retails for $45; at 24 ml, this sample is worth an estimated retail value of $4.50.
Full-sized the mask comes in a 7.2 fl oz container and retails for $44.90; at 1 fl oz this sample is worth an estimated retail value of $6.24.
Not too shabby for free & $3, respectively. I was pleasantly surprised with this month’s bag; it had a nice mix of skincare and makeup, and included several full-sized products. I’m looking forward to 2019 and seeing how Ipsy steps up their game (and maybe even opens up the Ipsy Glam Bag Plus option).
If you subscribe, what’d you get this month? Anything a great find? Definitely something to donate?
This Ipsy subscription is paid for by 2LWithIt; all thoughts, opinions, and photographs belong to 2LWithIt.